Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday in Santa Barbara

Urrgh, what a wretched day. I woke up this morning with projectile food poisoning. Thank god I’m at Mary’s house and not on the road. I cannot imagine being this sick and being on the bike. I haven’t left the vicinity of the restroom much today. Near as I can figure, it was probably the prosciutto and cheese I had for lunch yesterday afternoon. It was a little warm, but I didn’t think a smoked meat would go bad. Boy, was that a mistake. I’m finally able to knock back some 7Up and some tapioca pudding. This is not how I planned my start in Santa Barbara. Mary’s been taking good care of me, which I really appreciate. No more warm Prosciutto for me. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a big improvement.

This impacts my schedule by a day, possibly more. The weather is looking iffy on Thursday/Friday. Mostly, it's nice to be with family on this trip.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Annnie! glad you are feeling better. What a trip huh? The weather is nice here especially today sunny and fairly warm. Well, now you are an official Harley road warrior! LOL Not me however! Still too green around the gills and have the wrong bike for me. I may have a friend take it over and see about something else, who knows. Have a safe ride back and watch for dead things in the road (grin).

    ReplyDelete