Sunday, February 15, 2009

Journey's End - Roseburg to Bellevue (353 miles)

It was cold and overcast leaving Roseburg. Going down the middle of Oregon on I-5 is incredibly boring. Lots of farmland. Lots of sheep. Not a lot else. Next time, I'm taking the coast route. I was sad to be heading back, wishing I had more time to spend with friends and family. But I was also looking forward to seeing Richard, who was planning to meet up with me in Lacey.

Richard says I ride differently, with a lot more confidence. This trip left me wanting more and longer rides. Too bad I didn't come to motorcycling earlier in life, but I intend to make up for it now. There is a sense of connection to the world around you when you're on a bike. It's hard to explain to those who don't ride. It's intoxicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment