Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The First Solo Bike Trip

I'm not working, and I'm tired of looking at the same four walls. It's been a long time since I last visited with some of my friends and family. So I recently got the idea of doing a solo trek to see them, head toward warmer weather and have my own little adventure. I have a window of decent weather and I'm taking off tomorrow to ride from Bellevue to Santa Barbara and back. The total mileage will be somewhere around 2,300 miles, plus side trips. I'm going to write about what I see and experience along the way. I'm leaving early on Thursday, January 29th, heading to Medford as my first stop.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on the trip, it's cold on a bike!!!
    At least I'm the first stop, you should be ICE by then!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey cus - it is beautiful today in Vail - talked to Fred and Idaho is beautiful too. I have heard from Tony, Santa Barbara is perect, what else is new, so have a great time when you get there! Make sure to go to the breakwater and see the boats and the beautiful mountains behing. I have that photo as a screen saver. Love you cus - drive safe!

    ReplyDelete